Do you often fill up your stomach with high-calorie foods like sugary beverages, bakery products, fried foods, creamy foods, and high-fat meals? These foods may satisfy your hunger, but they are not good for your health. In fact, they can lead to weight gain, nutritional deficiencies, and other health problems.
Among all the living organisms, humans have a wider range of plants and animals to choose from to quench their hunger. However, not all plants and animals have the same nutrients. Some even have anti-nutritional substances that hinder the uptake of good nutrients by our body.
What Fitness with Nidhi Can Help You With
Our wellness coaches incorporate the concept of a balanced diet and healthy eating to make sure that food on your plate comes from all of the four food groups: energy-giving, body-building, protective, and regulatory foods. Healthy nutrition is indeed important to maintain optimum health, prevent diseases, and recover soon from any illness. Good nutrition can also help you lose weight and keep it off.
Our nutritional guidance strongly believes in the concept of MyPlate.
What is the Concept of MyPlate?
MyPlate is a visual representation of healthy meal planning that was developed by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). It was designed to provide individuals with a simple and practical guide to build a balanced and nutritious meal.
Complete breakdown of MyPlate guidelines
- Fruits: This group includes a variety of fruits, whether fresh, frozen, canned, or dried. Fruits provide essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. The recommendation is to fill about half of your plate with fruits and vegetables, with an emphasis on whole fruits.
- Vegetables: Similar to fruits, vegetables should also fill about half of your plate. It is encouraged to include a variety of colorful vegetables, both raw and cooked, to obtain a range of nutrients.
- Grains: Grains provide carbohydrates, which are an important energy source. The emphasis should be on whole grains, such as whole wheat, brown rice, and oats, as they contain more fiber and nutrients compared to refined grains. Grains should make up about a quarter of your plate.
- Protein: The protein group includes lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, beans, peas, nuts, and seeds. Protein helps in building and repairing tissues in the body. It is recommended to choose lean sources of protein and to vary protein choices. Protein should also make up about a quarter of your plate.
- Dairy: Dairy products, such as milk, yogurt, and cheese, provide calcium, vitamin D, and other important nutrients. It is recommended to choose low-fat or fat-free options and to consume them in moderation.
In addition to the 5 main groups, MyPlate also lays emphasis on the importance of including a small number of healthy oils.
How Much Weight Loss is Healthy?
At Fitness with Nidhi, we do not provide any crash diets. Our nutritionists will customize weight loss and disease-specific diets for our clients and target a healthy weight loss of 4-5 kgs in a month. Our recipes can help you lose fat without starving. The weight loss diet plan is designed with careful consideration of portion control, nutritional balance, and individual preferences. Contact us for a customized meal plan and body transformation.
Here are some tips for healthy weight loss:
- Create a calorie deficit of 500-1000 calories per day.
- Choose nutrient-dense foods like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Avoid sugary drinks.
- Watch your salt intake.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Practice mindful eating by being aware of hunger.
Healthy eating is altogether a different concept from just satiating one’s hunger. For ensuring a healthy nutrition, diet must be planned on sound nutritional principles. Nutrition is the key foundation for a healthy and active lifestyle. The goal to live healthy, not just to live long, is fulfilled by the choice of a healthy nutrition. Throughout this article, we have got a clear picture as to how healthy nutrition is necessary to live an energetic life till our old age.