I thought of telling you the amazing benefits of drinking water from earthen pot but somewhere at the back of my mind was, “why not go out and explore myself the beautiful art of crockery, one of the oldest and most widespread of decorative arts, consisting of objects made of clay and hardened with heat, ancient art form and oldest mortal inventions.
About Earthen Clay Pot
Clay is natural product dug from the Earth, which has decomposed from the rock within Earth’s crust for millions of years. Stomping the clay and kneading the clay with slight gyration helps push out air bubbles within the clay. The potter can form his products in one or many ways. Clay can be modified by hand or with the assistance of potter’s wheel. Making pottery on the wheel is the traditional way. They then use a wire to loosen the pot from the wheel by sliding it under the base of the pot.
Few things to keep in mind while buying pani ka matka
- Buy the right size as per your requirement.
- Storing water in it for more than three days is not ideal.
- Make sure your pot has a base to stand upright or use a stand.
- Also, the pot should be free from cracks and should have smooth surface inside and outside.
How to clean clay pots for drinking water?
- Rinse the pot with plain water using a scrub, salt and baking soda.
- Do not use detergent to clean the pot as soak will soak into the pores of the clay and then leach into the water.
- Add plain water to the pot and keep it for 3 hours. After that throw the water and re- fill the pot. Let it cool and matke pa pani is ready to drink.
Overtime you might see salt build up on the outer face of the pot. Use the same method as discussed before to clean the pot. Before putting the pot away, in case you are not using it any longer, wash it thoroughly and dry in the sun. Wrap a bubble wrap around it to store to avoid chipping.
3 benefits of drinking water from earthen pot
Drinking water has a great deal of benefits all by itself. However, clay pot water benefits outnumber the drinking water from any other vessel.
- Pot is porous so the exchange of gases between the pot and the water keeps it cool.
- Reduces acidity due to its alkaline nature and neutralizes the pH.
- Free from chemicals, reduces sunstroke and good for throat.
Hope you liked the information that I shared with you.