The greener version of mangoes which has a tart flavour (sweet and sour) has white inner flesh. Raw mangoes can be peeled, grated and cut in cubes easily because of its firm outer cover and inner pulp.
5 Reasons to add Kachi keri or Raw mango in your routine
- Protects from intense heat and and dehydration.
- Raw mangoes are often prescribed to people with morning sickness, constipation, diarrhoea and indigestion.
- Presence of niacin makes raw mangoes heart healthy.
- Extremely rich in vitamin c and calcium
- Low in calories and can be consumed by weight watchers.
Recipes with Kaccha Aam
How to make aam panna
Raw mango drink: considered as an ideal drink during hot summer. some major health benefits. it helps in dealing with constipation, improves skin quality, helps with dehydration and provides energy. Raw mangoes are abundant in vitamin C. Loss of electrolytes especially sodium (Na), often leads to heat stroke. Being extremely rich in minerals like Na, K, Mg, a glass of Aam panna helps bring back the right balance of electrolytes.
Aam Ka Panna or raw mango drink also called heat beater.
- Peel and cut the slices of a mango. Add them to the vessel.
- Now add a small piece of ginger and 7-8 black pepper corns.
- Add ½ cup water, cover and let the pulp soften.
- Soak 1 tbsp of fennel seeds for 2 hours and keep aside.
- Now to the blender add the soften mango, ½ cup mint leaves, soaked fennel seeds and blend.
- Add the water in which the mangoes were boiled and blend again.
- To this add 2 tbsp of jaggery, 3 tbsp of black salt, 3 tbsp of cardamom powder, 3 tbsp of roasted cumin powder and 5 cups of water.
- Blend again and serve chilled.
How to make instant raw mango pickle
- Peel and make strips of raw mangoes and keep them aside.
- Now in pan add 2 tbsp mustard seeds, 2tbsp fennel seeds or saunf, ½ tbsp fenugreek or methi seeds, 2 dried red chilli.
- Dry roast them, cool and add to blender to form powder. To the mango strips add 3-4 tbsp of mustard oil or sarson ka tel.
- The use of mustard oil gives it an authentic aroma and flavour, ½ tbsp haldi or turmeric, 2 tbsp chilli powder, 1 tbsp kalonji, 2 tbsp roasted cumin powder and salt.
- Mix it all well. Put it carefully in the glass jar and keep outside in the sun for an hour and serve. You can store it in the fridge for up to a week.
How to make raw mango salad
We would need 100 gms boiled chickpeas, 1 diced raw mango, 1 medium diced tomato, 1 small diced cucumber and chopped coriander.
For the dressing, we need 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 pods of grated garlic, 1 tbsp chilli flakes, 2 tbsp jaggery powder and lemon juice. Mix it all well and pour on the salad. Give the salad a good toss and serve.
How to make Himachali mani or mahni
- For Himachali maani, boil the mangoes, peel and remove the pulp.
- Mash it and add 1 small finely chopped onion, finely chopped green chilli, freshly chopped mint leaves, black salt, roasted cumin powder, 2 tbsp jaggery.
- You can adjust the level of sweetness as per your taste.
- Mix well and add cold water. You can enjoy the quick recipe with rice or chappati.
Hope you will give them all a try and do let me know which one you liked the most.