Losing weight is often challenging, particularly if we are on bland, low-calorie diets. But this problem can be resolved very easily by the incorporation of our newly formulated weight loss smoothie. Smoothies offer us with easy to be prepared meal options, which are high in protein, essential fats, and many micro-nutrients. Smoothies also help you to fulfill your sugar cravings as they can be made sweet by adding fruits or honey.
One needs to pay close attention to the ingredients of the smoothie while preparing it. As readymade smoothie recipes, may overload you with refined sugar, unhealthy fats, and simple carbohydrates. Moreover, people with specific medical conditions like thyroid, diabetes, hypertension, gout, anemia etc need to pay close attention to the list of ingredients, that they choose for their smoothie.
Nutritional Composition of Weight Loss Smoothie
Benefits of the Different Smoothie Ingredients
- Almond milk:
- Almond milk is one of the non-dairy-based alternatives for dairy-based milk. It can be used in smoothies and for making oatmeal. Almond milk is often available as fortified with vitamins A, D, E, and calcium, which makes it equivalent to dairy-based milk in terms of nutrients.
- It can be a good option for those aiming for weight loss because it is not loaded with calories as compared to dairy-based milk, but its label must be checked before purchasing it, to cut down on the consumption of sweetened almond milk with added sugars.
- Almond milk is also a rich source of vitamin E, which protects our hearts, helps in fat depletion from the body, and is an effective antioxidant, which fights against stress by scavenging free radicals.
- Peanut butter:
- Peanut butter is indeed rich in calories but those calories are attributed to a large portion of unsaturated fats and complex carbohydrates. These complex carbohydrates, which we know as fiber, help in maintaining good gut health.
- Peanut butter is also a good source of zinc and phosphorous, which helps in maintaining a strong immune system and also keeps our bones healthy. A single serving of peanut butter provides around 3.5 g of protein which helps in creating a feeling of fullness for a long, thus aiding in weight loss.
- On the other hand, it also helps in maintaining weight, due to being calorie rich along with a good content of healthy fats.
- This weight loss smoothie, can meet your one serving of green leafy vegetables, in a day, as spinach is being added to it. Spinach being a good source of beta-carotene, protects us from many heart diseases and the growth of cancer cells. It is also a good source of vitamin A, which helps in maintaining good eyesight.
- The calcium, provided per serving of this green leafy vegetable, helps maintain good bone and teeth health. Spinach is also a rich source of magnesium, which aids in managing high blood pressure and also prevents constipation.
- Spinach being a rich source of iron, makes this smoothie a natural remedy for iron deficiency anemia.
- kale is a green leafy vegetable, just similar to cabbage and broccoli, as it is a cruciferous vegetable. So its addition to this smoothie, makes it a super drink for people suffering from anemia, low eyesight, low immunity, overweight, brittle bones, and many more.
- It is a rich source of vitamins A, K, C, B6, calcium, iron, copper, manganese, etc. It greatly helps with weight loss as it fills up your stomach with water and very few calories. Vitamin K, present in kale, is an antioxidant that protects our hearts, prevents cancerous growth, and also manages stress.
- Chia seeds
- Chia seeds help in controlling blood sugar levels. As they are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, they protect us from various cardiovascular diseases by lowering our cholesterol levels. They are also rich in various antioxidants, thus they help in managing stress and also fight inflammation in the body.
- Ripe banana
- Our weight loss smoothie is made a perfect post-workout drink, by the addition of one medium ripe banana. This is so because ripe bananas are a good source of simple carbohydrates that don’t need extensive digestion and instantly provide energy to our body.
Confuse About Your Ideal Daily Calorie Intake?
Use Our Calorie Calculator to Calculate Your Optimal Calories & Avoid Overeating!
Who should consume this smoothie?
People suffering from any of the following disorders must include this smoothie to their everyday diet
- obese individuals
- anaemic people
- people suffering from vision problems
- people suffering from calcium deficiency
- people experiencing frequent constipation
- those having brittle nails and hair must also try this smoothie
- people doing regular workouts can drink this smoothie as a post workout drink.
- a time-saving breakfast option, a perfect energy booster for those running on lack of time in the morning.
Who should avoid this weight loss smoothie?
- FWN’s weight loss smoothie is a power-packed and protein-rich meal. It can become your perfect weight loss ally.
- The only downside of this smoothie is the presence of uncooked cruciferous vegetable – kale in it, which contains goitrogens and hence becomes unsuitable to be consumed by people diagnosed with thyroid disease or any other associated thyroid gland malfunctioning.
Our recipes are thoughtfully curated to cure particular lifestyle disorders like obesity, underweight, diabetes, thyroid, hypertension, any infection, cholesterol, anemia, etc. Special conditions like pregnancy and lactation are also covered, and personalized guidance and attention are delivered to every member of our fitness group.
This weight loss smoothie is one such recipe, showcased especially for weight loss and anemia. It can be incorporated into your daily meal pattern by every member of your family. But if you are suffering from some unmanageable lifestyle disorders, then do get a consultation from an experienced dietician.