Makhana kheer, a mouth-watering, creamy Indian dessert which can be a part of your weight loss journey made using roasted makhana, milk and jaggery. Here is a simple recipe to make makhana kheer.
- Serving: 3
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Value of Makhana Ki Kheer
Ingredients of Makhana Kheer
- Makhana – 1 cup
- Poppy seeds – 1 tblsp
- Cashews – 5
- Milk – 500 ml
- Kesar (saffron) strands – 4-5
- Elachi (green cardamom) powder – 1 tsp
- Jaggery – 1 tblsp
How to make Makhana Ki Kheer
- Take a pan and heat it.
- When its warm add makhana and dry roast them. Check if they are crisp.
- Keep aside and let them cool.
- Now, add poppy seeds and cashews to the same pan and dry roast them as well.
- Now, take a blender jar and add 1/4th cup of the roasted makhana, poppy seeds and cahews.
- Blend to form a fine powder.
- Again, take a pan and milk to it.
- When milk starts to boil, add a few strands of kesar and elachi powder for the flavor and stir.
- Now add left over makhana and the blended powder, stir and let it come to boil.
- Once the milk is of thick, kheer like consistency add jaggery.
- Sir well, cool and enjoy.
Benefits of Makhana Kheer
- Kheer is low in calories so it can be enjoyed as a part of your weight loss diet plan. It’s a healthy dessert for weight watchers.
- Rich in nutrients: Makhana is a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fiber, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. Makhana kheer made with milk adds calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin B12 to the diet.
- Good for digestion: Makhana is a good source of fiber, which helps in maintaining digestive health. The high fiber content in makhana kheer aids in digestion and prevents constipation.
- Rich in antioxidants: Makhana is rich in antioxidants that help in fighting free radicals and preventing cell damage. This helps in maintaining healthy skin, hair, and overall health.